Ford Motors is known for introducing what is today known as the Assembly Line. And it is known for its dominance in the SUV and pick-up truck segment which includes the Ford Explorer and F150 truck. Ford also produsces the well known Lincoln cars.
The SUV segment in which ford is a major player is always hardly hit whenever there is a fuel crisis as users will start going for smaller and fuel efficient cars. This made ford motors to stop production of some of its unprofitable and inefficient models and also concentrate on its flexifuel vehicles which can run on pure gasoline and a combination of gasoline and ethanol.
- · Initiator of the Assembly Line
- · Second largest auto company in the US and the fourth largest in the world
- · Posted the highest annual loss of $12.7billion in company history in 2006
- · Maker of the first hybrid electric SUV
- · Maker of the first E85 flexifuel vehicle in European market, the Focus flexifuel.
Pls read our privacy statement here